Monday, February 15, 2010

Neat or Sloppy- Which kind of person are you?

In the essay Neat People vs. Sloppy People written by Suzanne Britt she discusses two kinds of people, the neat and the sloppy. According to the descriptions in the essay I am considered a sloppy person.One characteristic of a neat person is to place neatness above everything. The sloppy are considered caring and give loving attention to every detail.

Some of the characteristics of a sloppy person which I fall under are, they set high expectations that at times they can not be achieved. These people tend to try to get organized but never find time to de-clutter themselves. Before they de-clutter they seem to collect all these "scrapbooking" utensils that just seem to take space. The sloppy people seem to give attention to the littlest things that do not matter the most to ordinary people. I a sloppy person have some of these characteristics, I tend to collect memories for my scrapbooks, but I have not even started a page. I have the most cluttered drawers in the entire universe. I believe that every piece of paper with information of previous courses that I have taken are essential for my "future references". Sloppy people keep every piece of junk they think is memorable other that the neat people.


Now for the neat people, they have a tendency to be lazy, mean and inconsiderate. They are extreme neat freaks. Everything and anything that collects dust has to be thrown out. They do not care about a process and always want results. The only thing that is messy in a neat person's house is the trash and if they have something in their hand they think twice about its use. An example of a neat person would be my mother. She does not like to keep anything that is unnecessary in the house. She likes to clean until it is spotless. If she were to go to my sisters house in which she is a sloppy person my mother would have a heart attack. Once she recovers the first thing she would do is grab a trash bag throw everything away that is useless to her. That is what i consider a neat freak.


After describing and sharing my stories about neat and sloppy people we are able to categorize ourselves within different characteristics of each persona. You do not have to fall under neat or sloppy you get to create, and choose what you call yourself. you get to live your life as messy or as neat as possible. do not listen to what people have to say about your life

15 comments:

  1. I enjoy your views on neat and sloppy people. We have different views but it is interesting to know. You consider yourself a sloppy person and i consider myself as a neat person. There are a few errors in this blog, in the 5th senctence in the first paragraph you need to put it as "I am a sloppy.." Overall I enjoyed reading your blog, I like to know your views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the way you explained what a sloppy and neat person is. I think You should of explained a little more of what you do that maked you a sloppy person. I didnt find any grammer mistakes. I think you did a good job and it was well organized. I lokk fwd in reading more of your interesting stories.Good job once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth,there's no doubt in my mind that you are a strong writer;after reading your Valetine's Day blog and this one, I noticed you have this natural ability to write with a sense of humor that transformes any mundane sort of reality into an interesting one.and I absolutely adore it. but aside from ackowledging the stong points of your writing I also was aware of the weak ones too. so from one growing writer to another I would like to give some suggestions
    on improving your writing:

    1.re-read for typos and spelling errors alike.

    2. when dealing with figurative phrases enphasize them.

    -chryseis =]

    ReplyDelete